Administrative Assistant – Minute Taker/Recording Secretary
The City of Delafield is seeking a qualified individual to serve as a municipal minute taker/recording secretary for several Committees, Commissions and/or Councils. This is primarily an evening position with an expectation of attending approximately three to five meetings per month. In person attendance is required. Total hours for this position, including meeting attendance and minute preparation, will average between 15-20 hours per month. Minutes must be typed, revised and submitted to the Clerk’s Office for posting. Minutes must be taken in accordance with the municipal minute templates provided and the requirements of the Wisconsin State Statutes. The qualified applicant must be able to write a complete and accurate record of the meeting, including meeting date, time, and location; who was in attendance; a summary of the discussions for all agenda items; and a record of all official votes taken and motions passed. The experience or knowledge of minute-taking for business meetings in a municipality or other government entity such as a school district, is highly recommended. Knowledge of parliamentary procedure is highly desirable; however, the City of Delafield will train an otherwise qualified applicant. Pay rate will range between $25-$30 per hour and is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
A qualified applicant must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED and moderate experience working in a clerical support position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be a strong writer with the ability to consistently employ proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Have the ability to summarize audible conversations into written statements accurately and succinctly.
- Be professional, punctual, and reliable.
- Successfully adhere to deadlines.
- Work well independently.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Have a personal computer or must complete minutes in the City offices.
Complete the City of Delafield employment application today and either drop off, mail or email your application to:
City of Delafield Clerk
500 Genesee Street
Delafield, WI 53018
The City of Delafield is an Equal Opportunity Employer.