Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
A complete application and supporting documentation shall be submitted to the Clerk’s Office, 500 Genesee Street, Delafield, WI 53018 or online. Your application should include the following: Complete and signed application. Site plan showing the location of the sign(s) on the property and/or building. Color rendering showing the dimensions, color and text of each sign. $100 application fee per location to be made payable to the City of Delafield. **Non-Profit entities 501(c)(3) are exempt from fee** City Administrator/Director of Public Works Tom Hafner will review the application. If you have any questions regarding the status of the application please call the main office at 646-6220 or send an email to email@example.com. You will be notified of approval or denial via email. **Please note: prior year applications are not kept on file** Incomplete submissions will be rejected. Make Checks payable to the City of Delafield. Our address is 500 Genesee St. Delafield, WI 53018. You can also put the check in the evening drop box or pay with a check or cash at the City Hall Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Closed Holidays.
Are you the property owner?
If you are not the property owner, written permission from property owner is required. Document must include property owner name and phone number for verification purposes.
The color rendering must show the dimensions, color, and text of each sign. Please indicate in the rendering if the sign is two-sided and if the sides match each other.
Please enter the specific dimensions of your sign if not included on your color rendering.
Please write a detailed description of where your sign(s) will be placed OR if you are a on-profit, indicate which site on the pre-approved sign placement map. You can include photos or maps to help in your description below.
Not to exceed 90 days.
Please Review the City of Delafield's Municipal Code Section 17.68 for Temporary Signs. For signs ground mounted at St. John's Bay, please see Banner Standards.
1. The City will install approved temporary ground mounted banners promoting events for not‐for-profit community organizations only. The City’s Public Works Department will install and take down the banners.
2. Banner content shall primarily promote the not‐for‐profit community organization event. Banners may include the logo of a corporate sponsor but no further corporate sponsor advertising.
3. For conflicting date requests, the organization that submits their application to City Hall first would get preference.
4. No more than four (4) banner installations per organization per year shall be permitted.
5. Banners may be installed a maximum of two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled event and shall be removed within three (3) days after the event.
6. Banners meeting the required size, materials, construction and mounting standards indicated below shall be provided to the Public Works Department at least one (1) week prior to the date it is to be installed. The City cannot guarantee timely installation for banners that do not meet the required size, materials, construction and/or mounting standards and for banners that are not delivered to the Public Works Department at least one (1) week prior to the date it is to be installed.
7. All banners shall be of uniform size with the standard dimensions being twelve (12) feet in length and three (3) feet high.
8. It is recommended that all banners be two‐sided as both sides will be visible to traffic on Genesee Street.
9. Banners shall include reinforced rope pockets along the entire length of the top and bottom of the banner. Ropes shall be provided through each of these pockets. Each of the two (2) ropes shall be twenty two (22) feet in length such that there is five (5) feet of excess rope at each corner of the banner.
10. Banners shall include reinforced corners with grommets in all four (4) corners.
11. Banners shall include reinforced air‐flow slits spaced as necessary to allow wind to blow through the banner to avoid damage to the banner on windy days.
12. The City is not responsible for damage to the banners.
17.68(1) - Temporary signs may be authorized in any district for not more than 90 days at a time by written permit, which shall show the size, shape, content, height, type of construction and location of such signs and period during which authorized upon a finding on the basis of written information furnished by the applicant that the proposed signs are necessary for the direction of the public and not contrary to the spirit and purpose of this chapter and upon payment of a fee for each permit and renewal of each sign. Entities with a 501c3 tax exemption or entities that are eligible to apply for a 501c3 tax exemption are exempt from paying a fee.(Am. #507; Am. #474)
17.68(2) - Any sign which is not fastened, anchored and resting on a permanent foundation shall be considered a portable sign and shall not be permitted in any district, unless approved by the Plan Commission and issued a portable sign permit pursuant to § 17.69(9). (Am. #474)
This permit is effective from _____________ to ________________.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field