- Community Services
- Garbage, Recycling & Waste Collection
Garbage, Recycling & Waste Collection
Waste Collection & Recycling Guidelines
Beginning in January of 2023, the City of Delafield will be contracting with Johns Disposal for residential garbage and recycling collection.
CLICK HERE FOR THE JOHNS DISPOSAL WEBSITE to find the COLLECTION SCHEDULE and other information regarding the City of Delafield residential collection.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? CLICK HERE FOR THE CITY OF DELAFIELD JOHNS DISPOSAL FAQ!
Johns offers accessible service for residents that are temporarily or permanently disabled by reason of a physical condition or medical problem and have nobody in their household or anyone providing in-home assistance that is able to move the carts for them. This accessible service is not available to someone that is elderly but able to move the carts. In order to qualify for this service, a resident must submit a completed Accessible Walk-up Service Garbage and Recycling Collection Request Form, which must be submitted to City Hall. Forms can be mailed to City Hall (500 Genesee St, Delafield, WI 53018) or emailed to the Clerk's Office (email@example.com). Forms must be updated and resubmitted annually to remain eligible for this service.
Please refer to the Waukesha County Recycling Guide for the current listing of recyclable materials.
Brush Drop-Off Site and Yard Waste Drop-Off
- CLICK HERE FOR THE CITY BRUSH DROP-OFF SITE HOURS AND THE CITYWIDE BRUSH PICKUP SCHEDULE.
- For 2023, The City of Delafield will be offering a yard waste dumpster. The yard waste dumpster will be located at, and will operate during the same hours as, the City Brush Drop-Off Site.
Summer Lake Weed Pier Pick-Up Schedule
- Main Lake - Every Monday & Friday
- Unless there is a holiday - then no pickup.
- Channels - 1st & 3rd Fridays of every month
- If the Monday or Friday fall on a holiday, please have your items ready for pickup the Monday or Friday before the holiday.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Waukesha County operates 2 permanent household hazardous waste (HHW) drop-off sites for County residents and 4 special one-day collections in Spring and Fall in Brookfield, Delafield, Mukwonago, and Oconomowoc. All sites are free to Waukesha County residents - proof of residency is required.
Learn more about household hazardous waste collections